At Lanesfield, our History subject aims to inspire pupils’ curiosity about the past. Every child in our school is recognised as individual and unique, and our history curriculum is rich in diversity. We offer a high-quality history education that will help pupils’ gain a coherent knowledge and understanding of Britain’s past and that of the wider world. Our abundant History curriculum is dedicated to motivating children through engaging activities, trips and visitors. Through our deliverance of History from year 1 to year 6, we encourage children to ask perceptive questions, weigh evidence, think critically and develop perspective and judgement.
We aim to:
- Secure historical depth with chronological framework.
- Immerse children with specific historical vocabulary and terminology.
- Help children understand the complexities of people’s lives in the past and analyse how these have shaped the way for us.
- Fulfil the national curriculum requirements for History, in order to prepare children for next stages of learning.
- To help children understand society and their place within it, so that they develop a sense of cultural heritage.
- Further children’s knowledge and explanations of change and continuity over time.
- Develop knowledge of local history in order to gain understanding of their own history.