Reading at Lanesfield Primary School
Through the teaching of reading, we aim to enable pupils to:
- Become fluent, expressive and comprehensive readers;
- Read with enjoyment across a range of genres as well as for information;
- Understand and apply their knowledge of phonics and spelling patterns and use this to decode words with accuracy;
- Have an interest in words and their meanings, developing a rich and varied vocabulary;
- Understand the layout and how to use different genres and text types;
- To develop a love of reading through good role modelling and seeing adults reading as well as being read to;
- To develop the teaching and learning of reading attitudes through HOM.
Find out more by reading the documents in Useful Downloads.